Richly Detailed Routing Layer Visualizations Plus Interactive PBR for Cisco Networks
LiveAction Routing makes it easy to view and understand how a routing policy is affecting traffic by providing highly intuitive visualizations at both the system topology and device level.
It provides real-time routing visualizations for Cisco networks that can identify reachability problems, routing loops and asymmetric paths that can affect traffic quality. In addition, the module’s policy-based routing viewer/editor provides a high degree of control over traffic policy allowing users to route traffic easily and predictably over user-specified paths.
Device-level view displays the entire route table in both tabular form (upper portion) and graphically (lower portion).
LiveAction Routing Benefits
- Ease of use—An intuitive graphical interface makes it easy to view and troubleshoot routes and to implement policy-based routing without the need to learn and use complicated command lines.
- Improved efficiency and performance— Built-in tools and visualizations reduce the time required to troubleshoot network problems and simplifies policy-based routing to improve network security, efficiency, and quality of service.
- Built-In routing expertise—LiveAction Routing is based on Cisco best practices and uses an extensive knowledge base of Cisco routing functions.
- Rich visualizations—LiveAction provides live topological views with numerous filtering options for highly focused visualizations of the routes on the network. Routing paths are easily correlated with traffic flows for quicker problem identification. At the device level, the software also displays a graphical view of the router’s route table.
- Interactive configuration—The powerful policy-based routing feature allows IT engineers, regardless of their experience level, to create, edit, and execute detailed routing policies and Set statements to achieve very high levels of control with compete ease and confidence.
- Exceptional ROI—By taking full advantage of existing features built into Cisco routers. LiveAction significantly reduces the need for additional equipment while maximizing the proficiency and speed of IT staff.
LiveAction displays active routes in real-time. Route filtering and color coding shows routes based on selected protocols and destinations. This simplifies troubleshooting and provides a more focused analysis of specific routes.
LiveAction Routing Features
- System level topology view of active routes
- Device route table views in graphical and tabular form
- Route display filtering by protocol and/or destination
- Quick trace along route path to determine latency and packet loss at each hop
- Virtual routing and forwarding tables
- Visualization for OSPF/EIGRP adjacency
- Alerts for OSPF/EIGRP state changes
- Troubleshooting—Routing loops and asymmetric routes, routing instabilities, black holes, error summarization
- Policy-based routing (PBR)—Configuration/editing of PBR and Set statements, edit existing route map configurations, check for compliance with PBR rules, displays PBR usage, displays static routes and PBR issues, exports route map statistics
- Routing adjacency history & adjacency event reports
- Export function—route and route table information, exports device forwarding tables to CSV file
Corporate Case Studies
Delivering Quality and Reliability
Increase in Medical Imaging Drives Move to QoS
Network 'X-Ray Vision' Reveals Suprises
Visualizing the Network
Using Visualization to Shape Traffic on the Network