Easily perform Cisco IOS IP SLA operations with LiveAction reich user interface.
Easy network testing and performance measurement for Cisco networks
Through its highly interactive and graphical user interface, LiveAction IP SLA makes it easy for IT managers to use Cisco IOS IP Service Level Agreement (SLA) to generate synthetic network traffic for the purpose of monitoring latency, loss, jitter, and mean opinion core (MOS).
LiveAction makes Cisco IOS IP SLA operations easily accessible for generating and monitoring synthetic network traffic to baseline network performance, test policy changes, or proactively monitor key network paths. Synthetic traffic types include data (HTTP, FTP, DNS, DHCP) and voice that can be used to measure latency, loss, jitter, and mean opinion core (MOS) for VoIP
LiveAction topology view of IP SLA traffic paths.
LiveAction IP SLA Benefits
- Ease of use—LiveAction makes Cisco IP SLA easy to use. An intuitive graphical interface replaces complicated command lines making on-the-fly test configuration and execution easy and understandable.
- Improved efficiency—Reduces time required for network deployment, maintenance and training while improving network availability.
- Proactive monitoring—Use MOS and latency threshold alerts to detect application performance degradations before your users do.
- Rich visualizations—LiveAction provides real-time charts and tabular results with views of latency, loss, jitter, MOS, and more for IP SLA. Configured tests are represented graphically on topology views for quick test identification.
- Test traffic generation—Generates and sends synthetic test traffic from router to router for measuring network performance. Enables detailed editing of test configurations to simulate complex traffic patterns.
- Interactive—Start, stop, and edit traffic tests in real time.
- Non-disruptive—LiveAction IP SLA is a software-based solution that requires no physical topology changes or service interruptions to install.
- Exceptional ROI—LiveAction IP SLA takes full advantage of existing features built into Cisco devices significantly reducing the need to purchase separate test networks and hardware-based test equipment including external traffic generators, far end-point probes, and analyzers.
LiveAction automatically generates a live topology view showing data paths of IP SLA test traffic. The software displays routers as larger diameter circles and interfaces as smaller diameter circles.
LiveAction IP SLA Features
- Measurments for latency, loss, jitter, and MOS
- Test Types: DHCP, DNS, ICMP Echo, FTP, HTTP, Jitter, UDP Echo, Video
- IP SLA VO (videor operations) for Medianet
- Multiple colors for visualization
- Loss indicators
- Traffic type configuration
- DHCP: destination, source, circuit ID, remote ID, subnet mask
- IP SLA VO (video operations) for Medianet
- IP SLA topology view (real-time)
- Quick and easy test configuration with full management options
- Large-scale wizard-based IP SLA provisioning in full-mesh and hub/spoke configurations
- Set up responder at destination
- Edit, save, delete test configurations.
- Alerting capability with threshold adjustments for video, voice, or data
- Export to CSV file
- Dashboard and historical reporting (live update plotted over timeline)
Corporate Case Studies