See how LiveAction makes it easy to visualize network trouble spots.
Advanced End-to-End Network Flow Visualizations and Monitoring
LiveAction Flow makes it easy to visualize trouble spots on the network and gain a better understanding of traffic patterns. It enables users to quickly set up and view flow information on their networks and instantly gain an understanding of traffic and QoS behavior.
Starting with a network topology view that provides a unique end-to-end flow visualization of live traffic across the network, LiveAction enables users to quickly drill down to individual devices or interfaces for more detail on flow characteristics such as IP addresses, DSCP values, byte rates and count.
Topology-based, end-to-end flow visualization.
LiveAction Flow Benefits
- Intuitive topology views to see your traffic flows mapped from source to destination.
- Faster troubleshooting and root cause analysis through color-coded flows, point and click filters, visual path tracing and historical playback.Observe the effects of QoS changes on network traffic in real time.
- Baseline and understand current traffic profiles to prepare for QoS deployments.
- Use DSCP color-coding to easily spot QoS trust and re-marking issues.
- Summarize relevant information with advanced filtering and HTML reports.
- Replay individual captured flow data from any date or time to view activity and problems exactly as they occurred.
Individual flows can be color-coded by port, DSCP, IP address, byte count, byte rate, or custom filter colors.
LiveAction Flow Features
- Cisco Performance Routing (PfR)
- Cisco Medianet Performance Monitoring (PerfMon)
- Mediatrace views and alerts
- Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC)
- Cisco ASA Network Secure Event Logging (NSEL)
- Topology-based traffic flow view
- Supports NetFlow v5/v9, IPFIX, sFlow, and J-Flow
- True end-to-end AVC workflow with alerts, visualization, analysis, and control
- Ability to filter flows, for example, by application, port, country, source, destination, and Medianet
- Aggregate flow or individual flow views
- Display end points as host IP address, host name, application port name or number
- Display top 200 flows from each device
- X-Ray view of flows inside router
- Ability to filter flows—for example, by application, port, country, source/destination, Medianet
- Bidirectional source/destination filter
- Flow reports and dashboard
- Flexible NetFlow framework for reading in any template
- Adjustable flow polling rates
- Start, stop, and pause flow data
- Built-in reports for top talkers, address dissemination, aggreation and more
- Flow system table updates technology and templates
- True end-to-end AVC workflow with alerts, visualization, analysis, control
- Medianet performance monitoring and mediatrace views/alerts
- Sortable and adjustable flow table correlated to system topology view
- Start, stop and pause flow data
- Adjustable flow polling rates
- Flow graph—by port, source or destination address
- Built in DNS name resolution
- Flow alerts through system table down to the alarmed attribute
- Flow count query with user-selectable time duration
- Flow legend in system and device view
- NetFlow database conversion tool for data collected in v2.4x and earlier
- Historical views, reporting, and playback
Corporate Case Studies